Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Vanilla Bean Pots de Creme

I think that this has got to be my favorite dessert. Cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla... what can be better? If you ask my kids what they want for dessert, they always ask if we can make pots de creme. I just like the cool little moulds that we use for this dessert. We've tried infusing the custard with rich dark chocolate, cinnamon, or mint, but our favorite is just the simple vanilla bean. It just has a very clean taste to it. Chessa and I found these spoons (they had exactly 14... the same number of pots de creme moulds that we have) in a "misc" jar on the counter at the Sur la Table in Carlsbad... my kids love them. They only get to use the spoons when we have this dessert....

Cream, Milk, Sugar, Eggs and Vanilla Beans.... (that's it)

The custards ready for their water bath

The warm custards cool before going in the refrigerator to "age" for 24 hours

A happy five year old

4 comments:

ShOrt StoRy said...

I love those! They are so good, definitely one of my favorites!!!

Julie said...

mmmmmmm...I consider this one of my favorite desserts as well!

Rob Salviotti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob Salviotti said...

where did you buy those moulds? I've been looking for ones with lids ...